Gifts for Your Guy
Even though your guy seems unassuming and easy to please, you are tired of giving gifts that are opened and immediately set aside. He acknowledges politely with a “thank you”, but shows no enthusiasm. You have failed in your attempt to please him. You want to at least give him a guy gift that he would like. But for most, if he wants it, he's already got it. So where do you start?
First of all, you must know what makes him tick. Look to his interests. Think about his hobbies. What does he spend his spare time doing? Below are some ideas to help get you started when choosing a gift for your guy.
What type of guy is he?
|More Good Guy Gifts|
What Not to Do
The below suggestions are not hard and fast rules, but instead guidelines based on what usually works best when giving gifts to most guys for most occasions. Everybody and every occasion is different, so if you have inside information, or if there is a special celebration, that would make one of the these types of gifts a good one, then feel free to bend or break the below guidelines.
- Although nice clothes usually make a good gift for a guy, avoid socks, ties, bath robes and flannel shirts. These gifts scream boring and have been over-gifted in the past and worn out. Let Mom be the one to give those.
- Don't buy overly sentimental gifts. They're not manly enough.
- Don't smother him with numerous gifts. You'll run the risk of coming on too strong or giving him more than he gave you and potentially making him feel bad.
- Don't scare him away by giving too expensive of a gift. Consider your relationship and how much would be appropriate to spend.
- Don't force him to keep something he really doesn't want. Always give him an out – let him know that you won't mind if he returns or exchanges it. You would rather him have something he wants.
If all else fails, ask him. Guys are not known to subtly drop hints (no one knows why), so don't waste your time listening for them. He may appreciate the fact that you care enough to ask, and if he's smart, he will jump at the chance to tell you.
- Dating Anniversary Gifts
- Handyman Gifts
- Husband Appreciation Day
- What Not to Buy Your Girlfriend
- Beer Lover