Who is it For
When a special event or celebration calls for an unforgettable gift that will "wow" your recipient, consider creating a beaded bracelet just for her. With this trendy bracelet, you can show off your creative talents while adding your personal touch. A beaded bracelet is a gift filled with meaning - perfect for a graduation, Valentine's Day, an anniversary, a dating anniversary or a birthday.
A do-it-yourself beaded bracelet is also easier on your pocketbook – meaning, you can make a better showing with a do-it-yourself beaded bracelet than if you were to purchase one. Fun to make, a do-it-yourself beaded bracelet can be created in less than an hour once you have the supplies. Create different looks just by changing the beads - coordinate with a special outfit or commemorate a special event by including a personalized tag. So get started and have fun – you just may decide to make one for yourself!
Supplies can be bought from any craft store like Hobby Lobby or Micheal’s. Bali beads are a popular choice of beads, outstanding in quality and details. Each sterling silver Bali bead is traditionally handcrafted by silversmiths in Bali. These beads are available online.
Below is a list of what you will need to create the sterling silver beaded bracelet shown below. Remember, you can create your own design.
Directions to Make a Beaded Bracelet
1. Cut desired length of wire with flex cutters – approximately 12 to 15 inches.
2. Push flex wire through the small circle loop of the bar half of toggle clasp.
3. Wire should extend about 1-inch through the loop.
4. Bend wire down to meet the longer section.
5. Thread a crimp bead over the long end of the wire and slide the crimp bead up to the short end of the wire. Thread the short end of the wire into the crimp bead as well.
6. Pull the crimp bead up to the loop on the bar of the toggle clasp.
7. Crimp the crimp bead with the crimp pliers to secure the wire.
8. Add the beads in the following order - ensure that the lagging strand is also pushed through center of beads:
9. Thread wire through crimp bead.
10. Then push wire through loop on circle half of toggle clasp.
11. Fold wire down and thread back through crimp bead.
12. Crimp bead with crimping pliers.
13. Cut remaining wire leaving 1-inch excess and tuck into beads of bracelet.
- Do It Yourself Gifts
- The Handcrafted Gift Phenomenon
- Keepsake Gifts
- Dating Anniversary Gifts
- What Not to Buy Your Girlfriend
- Gifty Tips for Guys
- A Gift for Valentine's Day